Inflatable sail catamaran Ducky13
Ducky13 is the smallest in the Ducky catamaran family. It is intended for both children and adults who want to get acquainted with the fascinating world of sails. This is an ideal “toy” for outdoor activities, absolutely safe even with minimal control skills.
The laconic design of the Ducky13 frame, the absence of cables, a free-standing mast make the assembly process as simple as possible, fast and tireless. Even a beginner can assemble it in 25 minutes! When disassembled, the catamaran is very compact and can be easily transported even inside a passenger car. Depending on the configuration, the weight of a fully equipped catamaran starts at 35 kg.
When designing this catamaran, special attention was paid to safety. Rig is done so that when wind is getting stronger the mast will bend and drop the extra air off to prevent rollover. In сase of strong gust of wind, it is enough to release the sheet and the sail will get into wind-vane position by itself. If catamaran somehow capsized and the sail laid down on water, then the float on mast will serve as additional protection against a complete rollover. The crew is able without assistance restore the catamaran to an even keel. The absence of a boom in rig is another feature that makes catamaran injury safe.
Large size of trampoline – 1.8 × 1.8 m, will allow the crew to comfortably accommodate and can serve as an excellent platform for sunbathing on the shore.
Also outboard engine with a power of 2.2 hp can be installed on the catamaran. For this, in the additional equipment, a motor bracket is provided, which is attached to the aft beam.
|Length / Width of trampoline, m||1.8 / 1.8|
|Diameter of floats, m||0.42|
|Main sail, sq.m||5|
|Carrying capacity, kg||200|
|Dimensions in packed condition, m|
|Pack №1||1.80 х 0.25 х 0.25|
|Pack №2||0.8 х 0.4 х 0.3|
|Time of Assembly / Disassembly, min||25 / 30|
|Sail material||Dacron / Mylar|
|Recommended engine power, hp||2.2|
|Boat design category (Directive 94/25/EC, 2003/44/EC и 2013/53/EU)||D|
FRAME AND TRAMPOLINE
- The unique design of the frame has a minimum number of elements, that provides the low weight and quick assembly
- There are no cables in the frame design
- Spacious trampoline of 1.8 x 1.8 m
- The frame material is lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant aluminum alloy
- All aluminum parts are anodized or powder coated for additional corrosion protection in seawater
- Trampoline material is durable PVC net that allows water to pass through and prevents the puddles formation
- Highly efficient float shape provides minimum resistance and maximum speed
- Sharp stem makes wave travel smooth with minimal spray
- Large diameter and large payload
- Each float has two sealed sections that provide added safety
- Fast and convenient fastening to the frame with straps
- The floats material is a durable boat PVC fabric with 1000 g/sq.m weighing
- Extra bottom reinforcement for harsh environments
- Centrally located
- Necessary area, good elongation and profile ensure effective movement of the catamaran against the wind
- It has an automatic system of protection against damage when running aground or into obstacle
- Regulated degree of immersion into water of the centerboard makes it possible to move against the wind even in shallow water
- Сenterboard material is glass composite
- Centrally located
- It has an automatic system of protection against damage when running aground or an obstacle
- Tiller extension allows to more effectively place your weight for balancing of catamaran heeling
- Rudder blade material is glass composite
- It is mainsail
- High elongation, shape and profile ensure high efficiency
- There is no boom, which is especially important for the safety of children and beginners
- There is a main traveler for an effective sail setting
- It puts on a mast by pocket
- Sail material is Dacron or Mylar
- It is freestanding, swivel, does not have cables, and is installed into a sleeve base
- When the wind intensifies, it bends and discards excess wind, which is especially important for the safety of children and beginners
- Consists of three sections
- The mast float provides protection against a complete overturn
- Catamarans are equipped with blocks, sheets, stoppers and other parts from leading manufacturers
OUTBOARD MOTOR BRACKET
Motor bracket is designed for mounting of outboard motor with extended deadwood (long shaft). Recommended engine power - 2.2 hp
The tiller extension is designed to control the tiller from a distance. This is a useful option that allows more effective heeling balance and maintain accurate catamaran trim (loading of stern or bow).
The mast float is an inflatable tank that prevents the catamaran from turning the mast down. The float will keep catamaran in “on a side” position and will facilitate the righting of the catamaran to an even keel, in case of capsizing. It will not allow the mast to sink into bottom and prevent possible damage. The mast float is streamlined. If necessary, it is easily mounted and dismantled without the use of tools. Fixators included.
BOTTOM HULL PROTECTION
An additional strip of fabric glued to the bottom. It is recommended for severe operating conditions, such as: a shore with sharp stones, mollusks, and other cutting and piercing elements.