Inflatable sail catamaran Ducky19/19r
Ducky19 is the flagship of the travel boat category.
This catamaran is designed for travel. A large load capacity, a spacious trampoline and luggage nets will comfortably accommodate a crew of 2-5 people with equipment. An expanded list of additional options is created for maximum comfort, during both extreme expeditions and family trips at southern and northern latitudes.
Also, this model may be relevant if you do not need to assemble-disassemble frequently. Although the assembly of the catamaran is not difficult, it is not rational to use it as a “weekend boat”. For these purposes, there are more suitable models – Ducky16, Ducky15 or Ducky14s.
For sports enthusiasts, a racing version of the model is developed – Ducky19r. It differs from the standard one by increased sails area and presence of a main traveler. When needed, you can easily convert the standard version to the racing one and vice versa.
Additionally, an asymmetric spinnaker – gennaker can be installed on a catamaran. It is an effective sail for downwind courses.
Also outboard engine with a power of 4.0 hp can be installed on the catamaran. For this, in the additional equipment, a motor bracket is provided, which is attached to the aft beam.
|Length / Width of front trampoline, m||2.0 / 2.25|
|Length / Width of main trampoline, m||2.0 / 2.25|
|Length / Width of back trampoline, m||0.9 / 2.25|
|Diameter of floats, m||0.62|
|Jib, sq.m (Ducky19/19r)||3.0 / 4.2|
|Main sail, sq.m (Ducky19/19r)||10.0 / 11.3|
|Carrying capacity, kg||525|
|Dimensions in packed condition, m|
|Pack №1||2.15 х 0.30 х 0.25|
|Pack №2||2.15 х 0.30 х 0.25|
|Pack №3||0.9 х 0.6 х 0.4|
|Pack №4||0.6 х 0.4 х 0.3|
|Time of Assembly / Disassembly, min||90 / 40|
|Sail material||Dacron / Mylar|
|Recommended engine power, hp||4.0|
|Boat design category (Directive 94/25/EC, 2003/44/EC и 2013/53/EU)||С|
FRAME AND TRAMPOLINE
- The frame has a unique resilient design. At peak loads, pipes can rotate in joint units. This feature allows to withstand heavy alternating loads without damage and makes the frame very reliable and durable
- The minimum number of frame elements provides low weight and quick assembly
- The frame material is lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant aluminum alloy
- All aluminum parts are anodized or powder coated for additional corrosion protection in seawater
- The main trampoline is 2.0 x 2.25 m in size, spacious and comfortable
- There are a cargo nets where you can place people or luggage
- The shrouds form a guard railing of main trampoline. This is additional safety and a comfortable support for the back when sitting
- The side pockets are convenient for keeping a lot of things, including oars
- Trampoline material is durable PVC net that allows water to pass through and prevents the puddles formation
- Highly efficient float shape provides minimum resistance and maximum speed
- Sharp stem makes wave travel smooth with minimal splashes
- Each float has two sealed sections that provide added safety
- Fast and convenient fastening to the frame with straps
- The floats material is a durable boat PVC fabric with 1000 g/sq.m weighing
- Extra bottom reinforcement for harsh environments usage
- Centrally located
- Necessary area, good elongation and profile ensure effective movement of the catamaran against the wind
- It has an automatic system of protection against damage when running aground or into obstacle
- Regulated degree of immersion into water of the centerboard makes it possible to move against the wind even in shallow water
- Сenterboard material is glass composite
- Two rudders provide control in all running modes and additional safety if one of them fails
- They have an automatic system of protection against damage when running aground or into obstacle
- Tiller extension allows to more effectively place your weight for balancing of catamaran heeling
- Rudder blade material is glass composite
- There are mainsail and jib
- Large elongation, shape and profile of sails provide a high efficiency
- An additional sail for downwind courses is the gennaker. It doubles the total sails area
- In the racing version, the sails have an increased area
- Main traveler is used for effective mainsail setting
- Sail material is Dacron or Mylar
- Mast Spreader significantly increases the strength of mast
- The mast is rotatable, that improves the efficiency of the sail
- It is held in working position by shrouds and stay
- The mast consists of four sections
- The mast Float protects against the full capsize
- Catamarans are equipped with blocks, sheets, stoppers and other parts from leading manufacturers
Gennaker is an asymmetric spinnaker for downwind running including beam reach. A catamaran with gennaker significantly increases the speed, and in a fresh wind it can reach the hydroplaning mode. Recommended for advanced users.
OUTBOARD MOTOR BRACKET
Motor bracket is designed for mounting of outboard motor with extended deadwood (long shaft). Recommended engine power - 4.0 hp
The tiller extension is designed to control the tiller from a distance. This is a useful option that allows more effective heeling balance and maintain accurate catamaran trim (loading of stern or bow).
Side pockets are designed to store small items, clothes and other things. Standard oars can be kept there also. The pockets are made of micro-net. They are attached to the cable-stay of starboard and port side, forming a kind of cockpit that additionally protects from wind and splashes.
The mast float is an inflatable tank that prevents the catamaran from turning the mast down. The float will keep catamaran in “on a side” position and will facilitate the righting of the catamaran to an even keel, in case of capsizing. It will not allow the mast to sink into bottom and prevent possible damage. The mast float is streamlined. If necessary, it is easily mounted and dismantled without the use of tools. Fixators included.
There is useful option that significantly simplifies mainsail hoisting. It directs the boltrope into the mast track and eliminates sail jamming.
BOTTOM HULL PROTECTION
An additional strip of fabric glued to the bottom. It is recommended for severe operating conditions, such as: a shore with sharp stones, mollusks, and other cutting and piercing elements.