Twist of the position of the hulls to each other

touring
KlabauterR
Twist of the position of the hulls to each other

Post by KlabauterR » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 am

Hello,

the Ducky 17 is a quite stable and stiff inflatable. But sailing at stronger winds I was wondering how much the position of the hulls to each other twist remarkable around the under-mast beam. I guess one of the reasons for this phenomen are the crowfeet for the shrouds. Reacting on gusts you also have to pay attention where to sit and put your weight on! On a Ducky 15 video with its different frame it seems to me that the hulls twist less.

Ralph
Vitaliy

Re: Twist of the position of the hulls to each other

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 am

It is necessary to place correctly the crew weight that a catamaran twisted less. It is also necessary to pull a forward cable of a mast strongly.
Sailing inflatable catamarans Ducky
www.ducky.com.ua
emayd

Post by emayd » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:53 pm

There is also a possibility to reduce twist. For this you need to do small tuning for bottom tension cables.
You need to add one more turnbuckle, same as you have now for joint cables with centerboard box. Both tornbuckles should be placed on corners of first trampoline, and cables connected to centerboard box.
KlabauterR

Post by KlabauterR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Yes,
I have already heard about this modification. More details and perhaps some pictures would be interesting.

I guess you need two new little longer cables. And for mounting the ends, you need professional help and special tools. Also I guess you need new shaped nuts with longer screws for the centerboardbox.

Ralph
emayd

Post by emayd » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:03 pm

KlabauterR wrote:Yes,
I guess you need two new little longer cables. And for mounting the ends, you need professional help and special tools. Also I guess you need new shaped nuts with longer screws for the centerboardbox.

Ralph
No, only one more turnbuckle and maybe two more

KlabauterR

Post by KlabauterR » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 am

Well,

but how do I have to fasten the cables to the centerboard box ?

Ralph
emayd

Post by emayd » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:26 am

KlabauterR wrote:Well,

but how do I have to fasten the cables to the centerboard box ?

Ralph
Yes, you can try place joint ring between two surfaces of joint element on centerboard box.
Or order(make) new joint element for centerbox with two holes, same as on new D19R.
Or make triangle metal plate(s), 5 - 6 mm thiknes, with 3 holes, as new joint elementh. I this case you need to cut and remove current joint ring.