Cape Horn 2013

Vitaliy
Cape Horn 2013

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Travel of 4 people on Ducky19 to Cape Horn.

Sailing inflatable catamarans Ducky
www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Re: Cape Horn 2013

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Wind

To be continued... :)
www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 am

The author of the story - SuMari, one of participants of travel (machine translation of the text):

So. I begin...
Again I wake up from a plane rumble, I fidget. Softly … Where I? Oh, I after all houses! Yes, 26 hours of "pure" flight time (in air) release not at once. Here also came true, occurred, travel expected more than a year on the Region of the World (Fin Del Mundo).
Now all ask me "To you it was pleasant? ", "This travel was more interesting, than to Greenland or Putorana Plateau? ", "You are happy? ". In this case, concepts it "was pleasant", "is happy", etc. aren't suitable for the description of my impression of a trip.
It was strange travel, many-sided, non-standard, any florid. Unexpected events occurred constantly, were weaved into lacy strips, and influenced at each other. The events connected with this campaign, continue to occur and now.
December 30, 2012. Flight: Yekaterinburg – Moscow – Rome – Buenos Aires – Ushuaya. And here on December 31 in the 6th evenings local time I in the most southern city of a planet. In Russia a chiming clock already beat off. How celebrate New year here? The owner of hotel kindly suggested me to meet New year in its company. I knew that they gather families, by sharing the cost bring food and drink. It delivered me in shop, advised what to buy. And hours per the 10th evenings we went for a holiday. All is very modest. Room, probably, dining room. One big table for adults and same for children is made. Jewelry any, fir-trees, tinsel, spheres, crackers - anything. Neither radio, nor the TV wasn't. People here and, then, in Chile, very contact, in respect of the minimum "personal" territory. I.e. at a meeting they embrace without fail, kiss each other on cheeks or concern them. Well, all right, they are friends or relatives. But, after all, too most happens and to strangers: greeting "Ol! ", a name and embraces, including children. At first it is strange, then you get used, then you start it doing with the Russian scope. Now I miss such proximity …. 
In Argentina cult of a family and children. Abortions are forbidden. Therefore there is a lot of children and all attention to them, a holiday for them. Children sang a karaoke, danced, raged, rolled on a floor. Parents rejoiced, removed them on a photo and video. Saw, ate, communicated at a table. At night me and one more guest of hotel the owner brought "home" to that I was very glad. It was necessary to have a rest after flight, to be reconstructed by local time and to prepare for walk on January 1 in national park "Tierra Del Fuego" – Tierra del Fuego.
The owner of hotel Javier thought in advance that me took away from hotel and asked the driver to explain to me on a place how to get out of park back.  I explained. Without my knowledge of Spanish and its knowledge of English.  Even at flight I noticed one feature of the there perceptions: I sometimes understood about what passengers speak Spanish, without knowing ANY word in Spanish. I can't explain it.
Photos from walk on park along the channel the Beagle. Beautifully.

www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 am

Weather in a day showed me all range of the opportunities: cloudy, sun, rain, wind and their combinations. I scorched the person though the sun was not so much, but, is unexpected for me, it was walking almost in a zenith, very highly. Therefore the first облезли ears and nose.  On park натоптаны footpaths. The wood makes impression very old and endangered, it is a lot of dry tumbled-down trees. In places the wood seems impassable because of a windbreak, and reminds our taiga. When the wind rose, all this began to shake, creak and crack threateningly. They after all also fall … In the wood there are a lot of birds, there is a hubbub. Having left from a track, I left to the coast and saw large beautiful birds with the red heads and the long bent beaks. Then we often met them in Chile. Are called "banduria".

www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:17 am

It is a lot of blossoming plants. Not only grass and bushes, but also trees.

www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:18 am

In the afternoon ran clouds, I dug through a rain, on Canala Bigl the wave rose. Became even more picturesque.

www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:19 am

Further the route went in an open place, lengthways whether lakes, whether the rivers. To the top baked the sun, became hot, along the road it is dusty. Citizens at them too leave in the summer on the nature, are alloyed by boats, live in tent small towns. Returned to hotel tired, hungry and with a red physiognomy. One shop known to me was closed also I as the poor relative, went to Javier to ask where I now can buy "something to eat". It giggled over me (or my English), put in the car and brought to working shop. Thank him for care.
www.ducky.com.ua